Wednesday 29 May 2024

The word

“Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path. I’ve promised it once, and I’ll promise it again: I will obey your righteous regulations. I have suffered much, O Lord; restore my life again as you promised. Lord, accept my offering of praise, and teach me your regulations. My life constantly hangs in the balance, but I will not stop obeying your instructions. The wicked have set their traps for me, but I will not turn from your commandments. Your laws are my treasure; they are my heart’s delight. I am determined to keep your decrees to the very end.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭119‬:‭105‬-‭112‬ ‭NLT‬‬
https://bible.com/bible/116/psa.119.105-112.NLT

This passage comes under the Hebrew letter N, or the fourteenth part. The writer states that God’s word is the light which directs his path. He further states that God’s laws are his treasures.

Jesus told a parable about a man who found a treasure and went and sold all he owned so that he could buy that treasure. Jesus said, “the kingdom of God is like this…”(Matthew 13:44-46). He was teaching that the kingdom of God is the greatest treasure, and nothing else can compare with it. The writer of the above portion of psalm 119 indicated that God’s word was his treasure. John 1:14 states that ‘the word of God was made flesh and dwelt among us’. In other words, the psalmist’s treasure was Jesus.

Jesus is central to the kingdom of God. Loving Him is loving the word of God. We cannot take a piece of Him, we must take all. Therefore, we cannot dissect the bible as it is the ‘word of God’. Today I learned that the new publisher of the NIV bible version has deleted verses from the text. This is worrying. Can we no longer trust this version of scripture? 

Stay faithful to the Word! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment