Sunday 16 June 2024

salt being salty

“Salt is good for seasoning. But if it loses its flavor, how do you make it salty again? Flavorless salt is good neither for the soil nor for the manure pile. It is thrown away. Anyone with ears to hear should listen and understand!” Luke‬ ‭14‬:‭34‬-‭35‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Here in Nepal salt is used a lot to flavour food. For me now, food without salt is tasteless. Apparently salt enhances the natural flavour of food. The Nepali people love their chili so much it overpowers al other flavours. I don’t mind a little chili but to waste the natural flavours of all foods is a crime, to me.

If natural salt enhances flavour then spiritual salt is so much better. I am on this earth as a salt shaker to bring God’s flavour to my world. May the building I live in be blessed, may the road I live on be blessed, may the suburb I live in be blessed, may the city I live in be blessed.

Blessed are they who come in the name of the Lord! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment