Sunday 16 June 2024

Lost sheep

“In the same way, there is more joy in heaven over one lost sinner who repents and returns to God than over ninety-nine others who are righteous and haven’t strayed away!”Luke‬ ‭15‬:‭7‬ ‭NLT‬‬

The closest I’ve come to losing a sheep is losing a dog. Pet dogs have become very precious to us Westerners. I’ve also noticed this occurring to younger people in Nepal. In my block of flats a young couple liver below me. They have spaniel which has it ears decorated with yellow bows. A few days ago it went missing. I was concerned as the neighbourhood is home to many street dogs, many of whom would make short work of the pretty pooch. Fortunately it was recovered alive. My landlord’s grandsons love this dog also.

When my siblings and I were growing up, our dad brought home a sheep for a pet. As this sheep we called Barbie grew, it consumed my mother’s roses and became somewhat a nuisance. Eventually my dad returned it to the man who gave it to us.

 I am grateful the Lord does not rid Himself of us when we are being a pest. Quite the opposite, He, aware of our foolishness, gave up His own life to save us from our sins. He also hunts for us when we are lost.

We are blessed indeed. Amen!


No comments:

Post a Comment