Tuesday 4 June 2024

Suit-up

“So letting your sinful nature control your mind leads to death. But letting the Spirit control your mind leads to life and peace.”Romans‬ ‭8‬:‭6‬ ‭NLT‬‬

What is my sinful nature? It is that part that seeks its own way. It is influenced by spirits of darkness. If controlled by fleshly attitudes and desires, the mind will be bombarded with selfish thoughts: offence, anger, lust, greed, envy etc. if we allow the Spirit to control we yield to grace, love, forgiveness, generosity, kindness, patience, goodness, meekness, self-control.

There is a constant battle against the attacks that come, when in a battle we must have plan. Right now Israel in under attack on their Northwn borders from Hezbollah. Drone attacks cannot be intercepted by their air defence systems and they are having to restrategise and change their defence. This is similar to what we endure with our enemy, the devil.

He will throw all he can at our minds, he will send fear and anxiety, and attacks from others that attempt to break through our defences. We need to be prepared with a lifestyle of forgiveness and faith. He sent another barrage of fear at me yesterday and in the past several days he threw images of others cheating me and tempted me to be selfish.

I had to remind myself that I must keep my eyes on Jesus, worship and practice forgiveness constantly. The accuser is constantly working. I must keep vigilant. Paul tells us that our warfare is spiritual. We wage war against apiritual wickedness in high places (Ephesians 6:12).

Suit-up! Stand and be ready. Guard you minds and hearts from every schemes. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment