Saturday 6 July 2024

I await His promise

“So now, beloved ones, stand firm, stable, and enduring. Live your lives with an unshakable confidence. We know that we prosper and excel in every season by serving the Lord, because we are assured that our union with the Lord makes our labor productive with fruit that endures.”1 Corinthians‬ ‭15‬:‭58‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Our labour in Christ is productive through our union with Jesus; for apart from Him we can do nothing. I am labouring in the learning of the Nepali language, it is hard, harder than I imagined, however, as I take a step at a time it is absorbed into my consciousness. I am learning the language so that I can communicate with the Nepali people and do whatever work the Lord tasks me with.

I have one work: translation of David Pawson’s teaching videos, however the work to date had been fraught with difficulties. My translator has gone from too busy to work to quiet, and wants four times the work. This means four times the cost for me. I know that if God is in this He will provide. He has so far.

I had my interview with two women from my church last night, in view of me becoming a member. We had delightful fun. One was a young mum from USA who has been in Nepal 6 years, one a young bride from Brazil who has been here 3 years. Despite the age differences we clicked in our common goals and vision.

I am becoming more focused as I go. My heart is becoming set, praise God. I am no longer a tourist, I am a student of language and of God’s ways.

I return to Australia for a month in September to attend two conferences, to on-board tools for the duration and visit family and friends. I will return with renewed thrust.

The word ‘endure’ has been a part of my vocabulary sine my early twenties when God gave me Hebrews 10:36 as my life scripture:
“You need the strength of endurance to reveal the poetry of God’s will and then you receive the promise in full.”
‭‭
I await His promise in full! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment