Saturday 6 July 2024

In every season

“So now, beloved ones, stand firm, stable, and enduring. Live your lives with an unshakable confidence. We know that we prosper and excel in every season by serving the Lord, because we are assured that our union with the Lord makes our labor productive with fruit that endures.”1 Corinthians‬ ‭15‬:‭58‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Nepal is not fully plunging into the Monsoons. Heavy rain began in the night and continues all day today. Whilst this is the season of abundant new growth it is also the season of floods.

My flatmates tell me that in this season these is no need to go hungry. There is an abundance of new shoots from various plants. I have now eaten pumpkin vine shoots; many plants we would consider as weeds in Australia are also eaten. This is a time of new learning.

One week tomorrow I begin to attend language school, the trip there takes 35-45 minutes on a motorbike taxi. This may also be a very wet period of time for me. It will be a time of making new friends from all corners of the world.

Tonight we have friends from Chile and US visiting for dinner. They are attempting to obtain a US visa for the wife, the Chilean. I pray good success on them. My flatmates are cooking up a feast and if there is time I will make cookies. May our fellowship be sweet! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment