Monday 26 June 2017

The Answer


My little children, I am writing you these things so that you may not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father — Jesus Christ the Righteous One. He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not only for ours, but also for those of the whole world.
1 John 2:1‭-‬2 HCSB

The beginning 'My little children's seems at odds with the word Propitiation found here. This word is a Greek word that is also used in Exodus, Romans and Hebrews and here in 1 John. That word- hilasterion means covering as in the mercy seat. Jesus is the covering of our sins.

Jesus was and is pure, holy and righteous, without sin.

He made the One who did not know sin to be sin for us, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.
2 Corinthians 5:21 HCSB

How good is God? When I see TV shows depicting what man without God thinks about or lives like, it is empty, void of life without Christ. He is the way, the truth and the life. I have no life without Him. He is my covering, my chance of a new life, a new start. He is the answer to all the questions. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment