Tuesday 11 July 2017

Daily Clothing


assuming you heard about Him and were taught by Him, because the truth is in Jesus. You took off your former way of life, the old self that is corrupted by deceitful desires; you are being renewed in the spirit of your minds; you put on the new self, the one created according to God’s likeness in righteousness and purity of the truth. Since you put away lying, Speak the truth, each one to his neighbor, because we are members of one another. Be angry and do not sin. Don’t let the sun go down on your anger, and don’t give the Devil an opportunity.
Ephesians 4:21‭-‬27 HCSB

Each day I get up and choose what to wear. As it is frosty and cold here at present, I put on layers to keep warm. I have a choice. Just the same I put on a nature as I arise: will I put on the new, born again, nature or my old flesh? If I do not make a conscious choice, then, I will default to the flesh. If I fail to make a conscious choice about how to dress I will default to pyjamas. Whilst they are warm and comfortable they gain stares as I go out of the house and I gain a reputation, probably one I would prefer not to have.

We all have a reputation: in our neighbourhood, family, church, work colleagues and friends. What is that reputation? Is it a godly one or a headstrong willful difficult one?

When we know Christ we have access to all this goodness. Without Christ we are driven by our fleshly desires. With Christ we walk as He walked. He has given us His Holy Spirit. We have His godliness right there for us. Choose that beautiful garment, the white dress, the pure mouth, the godly heart. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment