Monday 24 July 2017

My Neighbour


For the entire law is fulfilled in one statement: Love your neighbor as yourself. But if you bite and devour one another, watch out, or you will be consumed by one another. I say then, walk by the Spirit and you will not carry out the desire of the flesh. For the flesh desires what is against the Spirit, and the Spirit desires what is against the flesh; these are opposed to each other, so that you don’t do what you want. But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.
Galatians 5:14‭-‬18 HCSB

Jesus was asked which was the greatest law. He said: “This is the most important,” Jesus answered: Listen, Israel! The Lord our God, the Lord is One. Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength. “The second is: Love your neighbor as yourself. There is no other command greater than these.”
Mark 12:29‭-‬31 HCSB

If I love my neighbour as myself I will not envy, covet, slander, be angry enough to kill, dishonor. Paul goes on in verse 19 to describe the works of the flesh and then the fruits of the Spirit. If I am walking in the Spirit then I will care for my neighbour's and love them as I love myself, indulgently.

We are consumed by ourselves. What is happening next door? How is my neighbour doing? How are they coping? Lord open my eyes today. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment