Wednesday 26 July 2017

What Does Temptation Look Like?


No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to humanity. God is faithful, and He will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation He will also provide a way of escape so that you are able to bear it.
1 Corinthians 10:13 HCSB

Temptation is more than lusting after what is not ours. It can be a temptation to break out against all sound logic and act foolishly. Yesterday I put in a 12 hour work day. I had an auditor on site and a new dog misbehaving badly. You might say all my buttons were being pushed.

The audit was hard and I have been scored badly because of what seems very unfair. I had not done anything illegal or unconsciable but failed to do another document instead of an email to a client. I can become angry at what appears miniscule nit picking or ask God, 'where are You in this?' I know He is wanting to prepare me for growth and if I learn the lesson well, I will protect myself down the track. So I choose to humble myself and learn.

After finishing at 7pm it looked like I might miss going to connect group, but I needed fellowship. I ate hurriedly, walked the dog and went. I am glad I did. I had a good laugh and good teaching in just the right area. The temptation to spoil self and stay away was defeated. I received the input I needed.

I cannot allow my flesh to rule. It must submit to Christ. Amen! Only then do I win.

No comments:

Post a Comment