Sunday 20 August 2017

God's Wisdom


For the Lord gives wisdom; from His mouth come knowledge and understanding. He stores up success for the upright; He is a shield for those who live with integrity so that He may guard the paths of justice and protect the way of His loyal followers.
Proverbs 2:6‭-‬8 HCSB

Last night I went to a birthday party at a lovely restaurant with a whole lot of people from church. Invited was a young couple who happened to sit next to me. The man talked freely and had a lot of opinions. We discussed politics and the state of our nation at present. His wife was a quiet woman and I struggled to hear her.

When I came home I realised I could have heard the woman at a deeper level, had I had my ears on. At times I can be so talkative and intent on presenting my opinions that I miss opportunities. When I reflected I realised my lack and self- centered approach to the night. Wisdom in hindsight is better than none at all but present wisdom is better.

With the Lord is gracious wisdom. He is good and His love is over all. God is never so busy or so pushed for time that He walks over us. We do that and do it well. Perhaps I should say, " I do it well!" Especially when I allow myself to be too busy. I must manage myself constantly or I become short and indifferent. I am so glad my God is gracious.

No comments:

Post a Comment