Tuesday 15 August 2017

He Completes Me


I am sure of this, that He who started a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
Philippians 1:6 HCSB

I remember a chorus with this verse in it and the phrase: ' will be faithful to complete it,' was used instead of the above: 'carry it to completion.' The word 'faithful makes it more personal. That God would be faithful to me overwhelms me. Why would God be faithful to me?

At 19, when I invited Christ into my heart, little did I know that up through time, at 63, I am more complete than then. I could use the word, whole. When we come to Christ we are fragmented and barely hanging together. Now I have been remade and there may be a few spots still not complete but He makes me new, every morning. I am being restored to the image He has of me, faithfully.

I may be fickle with my affections, but He is not. The disappointment of others affects me. He stays faithful when I am fickle. He understands my humanity. Thank You Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment