Tuesday 22 August 2017

I Am More Than


height or depth, or any other created thing will have the power to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord!
Romans 8:39 HCSB

There are many created things: man, what man creates, forces of nature, disease, injury and more. Yet in all these things we are loved. As children, most of us would say that our parents showed us love by what they did for us and gave for us. Do we consider their discipline love? I made a point of telling my children they were disciplined for what they did instead of who they were. This is how God is with us. However it would be wrong to attribute illness to Him as this is in the world because we have an ever present enemy who hates us.

When my daughter was little she suffered many physical challenges and as her mum I wanted to take them away for her but was unable. However, I walked with her, agonized with her, encouraged her throughout it all. I was not the cause of her pain, neither was God. She has the same enemy I have.

Paul tells us that no matter what we are more than conquerors. So, not only do I conquer, should I choose to rise in faith, but I am not just a conqueror but I am a daughter, a cherished daughter, through Christ who loves me.

What do you think? How do you see yourself. Leave a comment and let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment