Saturday 23 September 2017

Bearing With Weakness in Others


Now we who are strong have an obligation to bear the weaknesses of those without strength, and not to please ourselves. Each one of us must please his neighbor for his good, to build him up. For even the Messiah did not please Himself. On the contrary, as it is written, The insults of those who insult You have fallen on Me. For whatever was written in the past was written for our instruction, so that we may have hope through endurance and through the encouragement from the Scriptures.
Romans 15:1‭-‬4 HCSB

Being someone of discipline and faith I struggle with those who lack faith and continually flop around like fish out of water. However, my greatest achievement is to love these folk, be patient and walk alongside encouraging them on. Yes I have to go away for a time, because I need more grace but also I need them to test their legs and apply the lesson. There are some who refuse to learn, thinking they know how life should be: everyone else doing the work for them. These people I stay in touch with from a distance and pray.

Being strong and bearing with the weak is a chore given by God. If it was good enough for His Son, it is good enough for me. Jesus constantly had 12 young men jostling for position, taking over and telling Him how things would be, doubting Him and even one plotting His demise. Quite a mixed bag. One committed suicide. Now that would look good on His resume. 'Son of God fails one of His men and the man takes His own life.'

Some of the people God has given me have challenged me, but they are improving, so am I!

No comments:

Post a Comment