Thursday 14 September 2017

Fruits of the Spirit Abiding in Me


But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faith, gentleness, self-control. Against such things there is no law.
Galatians 5:22‭-‬23 HCSB

As a Christian I have the Holy Spirit residing in me. The above attributes are His. As I abide in Him, allow Him to rule they are manifested in me. I can try to be more loving, gentle, kind in my own strength and grow acne instead. You see if I do it, I claim the glory, much like a trophy in sport and then put the trophy on display. If, however, I yield to the Holy Spirit and stay in close fellowship with Him, I display Him and know it is not me.

The fruit of the Spirit in me brings joy to those who interact with me. This is better for them than my flesh, my flesh is mean and revengeful, full of selfishness and pride. Yuk!

If I manifest the fruit of the Spirit, I am blessed as well. I need to allow Him to be big in me. Amen!


No comments:

Post a Comment