Wednesday 27 September 2017

He Makes Me Competent


We have this kind of confidence toward God through Christ. It is not that we are competent in ourselves to consider anything as coming from ourselves, but our competence is from God. He has made us competent to be ministers of a new covenant, not of the letter, but of the Spirit. For the letter kills, but the Spirit produces life.
2 Corinthians 3:4‭-‬6 HCSB
I am doing an assignment at present and at the bottom of each section are the words: competent and not yet competent. Basically it is 'pass or 'fail.'

I am so grateful that in Christ He makes me competent. He gives me the wisdom and knowledge I need to attempt a task He has prepared for me. At times, many times I do not know what I will do or say but as I step into the fray, He makes me able.

Yesterday I was presented with a problem and did not know what to do. I decided to start walking towards the problem I had to solve, with a good heart, and He made a way.

We cannot wait to feel competent. Paul tells us that God makes us competent. I need to start walking and the ability will come. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment