Wednesday 27 September 2017

The Holy Spirit Brings Freedom



Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. We all, with unveiled faces, are looking as in a mirror at the glory of the Lord and are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory; this is from the Lord who is the Spirit.
2 Corinthians 3:17‭-‬18 HCSB

In this chapter to the Corinthians Paul is comparing the revelation of the Old Testament and the New. In the Old Testament we see how the Spirit of the Lord came upon people for a task. However, as New Testament believers we have the joy of being able to provide a house for the Holy Spirit, we are His temple. When He comes in He does not possess us as an evil spirit would but He takes possession of that which we give Him.

Of late I have been having revelations of 'more's of God and inviting Him into places I have not yielded before, unwittingly I had held on to them. Now I had the revelation I released them. With the Holy Spirit is freedom, not bondage.

Our God is good! He brings liberty! I am able to see the glory of God as He dwells in Me. How cool is that? Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment