Thursday 26 October 2017

Everything God Creates is Good


For everything created by God is good, and nothing should be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, since it is sanctified by the word of God and by prayer.
1 Timothy 4:4‭-‬5 HCSB

When I look upon God's handiwork, unadulterated by mankind, I am in awe; when I see a newborn baby I am in awe; when I gaze into the sky on a dark night, I am amazed at the God who created it all.

As God created, it is good and I accept it openly. The things I reject are the warped rearrangements of mankind; the destruction and the manipulation.

How are things sanctified and why should they be sanctified? I know Paul was dealing with the false teaching around food. In some places there were a problem with food offered to idols and then sold for general consumption in the market. Paul did not have a problem with this type of food but He acknowledged some would. We sanctify our food as we pray over it before eating, by giving thanks and asking the Lord to bless it.

Always, always seek God's point of view before running off on a tangent. The word of God is good for edification and instruction. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment