Tuesday 17 October 2017

In Word and In Deed


And whatever you do, in word or in deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.
Colossians 3:17 HCSB

Paul starts this chapter with:

So if you have been raised with the Messiah, seek what is above, where the Messiah is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on what is above, not on what is on the earth. For you have died, and your life is hidden with the Messiah in God.
Colossians 3:1‭-‬3

Paul goes on the warn that bad behaviour is fitting for who we were before Christ but after knowing Him we should walk as He walked.

Many years ago arm bands with WWJD written on them were sold to remind the Christian about who they represented. We are not our own. We were bought with a price, the precious blood of Christ.

If I have been bought with such a price then I need to live mindful of this fact. My Christianity must cost me the sacrifice of not living out of my carnal nature but rather out of His grace. This requires restraint, self-control and a determination to walk after Him.

As we must, each day, decide to get up, shower and face the day I must also daily, seek God and clothe myself in His righteousness. It must be Him who empowers me, He must receive the glory. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment