Sunday 1 October 2017

Self-Righteous?

I can testify about them that they have zeal for God, but not according to knowledge. Because they disregarded the righteousness from God and attempted to establish their own righteousness, they have not submitted themselves to God’s righteousness.
Romans 10:2‭-‬3 HCSB

What is our fascination with being righteous? Why do we want to be right? One of my problems is catching myself being self-righteous. Mind you I might fool others or myself at times but I do not fool God.

Paul the apostle said: 'none is righteous, no not one!' No one is able to be righteous, without Christ. He is our righteousness.

Why do we try to be righteous on our own terms? James tells us that: ' the heart is deceitful above all else.' We deceive ourselves into believing we are righteous, but our actions: gossip, judgement, anger, resentment point to the truth.

Really, when I am being self-righteous I am pointing out the truth, I am a sinner in need of a saviour.

Praise God Jesus sets us free from this body of sin. Amen!



No comments:

Post a Comment