Friday 17 November 2017

Always Excelling in the Lord's Work


Therefore, my dear brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always excelling in the Lord’s work, knowing that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.
1 Corinthians 15:58 HCSB

Steadfast and immovable are traits that are hard to produce naturally. Life is full of knocks and those knocks impact us emotionally. However, if we follow our emotional impulses we falter in being steadfast. Therefore, submitting all to Christ we can find ourselves asking: " Lord, how will we handle this one?"

The reason we are so impacted is we have created criteria for our life: If I get this job, if I pass this exam, if I earn this amount of money, if he/she agrees to date me, marry me all will be well. Wrong! All will be well when we keep our eyes on Jesus and allow Him to train us in righteous living. Amen!

Get out Your bible and get to know it. Find Jesus there and study how he handled life. He did it well. Why did He do it Well? He said: " I only do what I see my Father doing." Good example!

No comments:

Post a Comment