Saturday 18 November 2017

His Gift

Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift.
2 Corinthians 9:15 HCSB

After reading the whole chapter 9, which deals with giving a financial gift thst they, the Corinthians, had pledged.
Paul, in this chapter reminds thebreaders that it is more blessed to give than receive, and as we give we will receive.

Have you heard the saying: 'unless the Lord builds the house, thry Labour in vain who build it'?(Psalm 127:1). Well, giving to get praise, giving to be on team or any motive unless God motivates, is fraught with problems. However, so is saying you will give and then failing to give.

I remember a time I was at a church in Sydney and I had pledged to give $10,000. I did not see my market drying up or the fact that I would break my back. My ability to give was severely hindered. However, a few years later, I completed the pledge. I knew had pledged before God and knew I must compkete what I had finished, to my own hurt.

The following year I had an opportunity to enter my current business, against all the odds stacked against me. It was not a windfall, but rather an opportunity to build a business. It has been a lot of hard work but has taught me much about my God. He has been faithful. He is faithful. He gave us His Son! Now, there is a gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment