Thursday 2 November 2017

Living in Grace and Faith



For by the grace given to me, I tell everyone among you not to think of himself more highly than he should think. Instead, think sensibly, as God has distributed a measure of faith to each one.
Romans 12:3 HCSB

Paul was able to say this because of grace. If we live by grace, in faith, then we think correctly. However, if we live by our own determination and reckoning we fail and live out of striving not grace.

When we live out of grace things flow from the Spirit. Our words bring healing and life not upset and frustration. What are we looking for? Our own way, our own rights or God's way?

We have each been given a measure of faith. It is well worth getting to know what that is. We can fall short in our estimation or over-stretch. However coming to know what we have been given is wise.

I suppose you could say this is living with insight and understanding and intentionality. If I truly know myself and all God has given me I can live in faith towards God and be a blessing to others. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment