Thursday 2 November 2017

Renewed Mind


Do not be conformed to this age, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may discern what is the good, pleasing, and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 HCSB

Mind games! Our enemy is good at mind games! I am reading Matthew's gospel and am stuck on 6:22. 'The eye is The lamp of the body. If your eye is good it is full of light; if it is bad it is full of darkness. If the light in you is darkness, how deep is that darkness'.

Do you realise that the eye here is the thinking, evaluating part of the mind? If something happens to me, my reaction is either light or dark. Did you know you can step back from automatic and choose manual? I have started to have realization or awareness in my reactions and am assessing them, if wrong correcting them. I don't want dark reactions leading to a dark inside.

The world reacts. We dont have to react, we can choose a slow, steady, measured approach. Amen! No! I am not perfect! I make mistakes, I made one tonight. However, the principles are good. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment