Wednesday 1 November 2017

Pulling Down Strongholds


For though we live in the body, we do not wage war in an unspiritual way, since the weapons of our warfare are not worldly, but are powerful through God for the demolition of strongholds. We demolish arguments and every high-minded thing that is raised up against the knowledge of God, taking every thought captive to obey Christ.
2 Corinthians 10:3‭-‬5 HCSB

I think the first argument we can face-off is the argument that arise as to why I do not share my faith. At present, in our church Connect groups, we are studying how to share our faith. If we are being honest there are fears we must confront, laziness of lifestyle and general reticence to putting ourselves out there. However, we cannot deny we are commanded to go.

I have had a burden for my street for quite a while now. After reading a few books about Asset Based Community I am convinced it is the way to harness a community and at the same time evangelize a community. I believe as I empower my community I bring Christ to them.

Today I have a simple plan. I will go out to my front yard and weed whilst my neighbors are out and about and be friendly. Yes I have bigger plans but I will start there. Being friendly and approachable is a good start, being willing to give am account and ever ready to share the hope in me is another. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment