Monday 6 November 2017

Scripture is Inspired


All Scripture is inspired by God and is profitable for teaching, for rebuking, for correcting, for training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.
2 Timothy 3:16‭-‬17 HCSB

When Paul says 'all' he means all. The bits we struggle with we need to pray over. Rejection of what we don't like or ignoring the parts that rebuke us are not the way to go. They are often more important than the parts that affirm us. The big struggle items is sexual practices. We don't like being told what we can and can't do and who we can and can't do it with.

I remember when I first gave my heart to the Lord I struggled with the book of Romans. I found The apostle Paul arrogant. Yet now, I look back with fondness on the years I have enjoyed reading the epistles and greatly appreciate Paul.

Even the books of Deuteronomy and Numbers have gems hidden there for me to find. Let scripture touch you and rebuke you and face it prayerfully: " Lord help me to learn from this!" Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment