Monday 20 November 2017

Yet Will I Praise You!


My lips will glorify You because Your faithful love is better than life. So I will praise You as long as I live; at Your name, I will lift up my hands. You satisfy me as with rich food; my mouth will praise You with joyful lips.
Psalms 63:3‭-‬5 HCSB

This Psalm was written when David was on the run from Saul. Imagine that! Thousands of years ago one man, David, destined to be king and chased for around 13 years, writes this Psalm for us and it still encourages us.

Men and women who believe in Jesus face potential death or serious bodily harm, daily. The Lord is their only hope.

In countries ruled by despots it is dangerous to believe yet may do. It was dangerous for David to believe that God had spoken and that He was to be king. If he had renounced kingship, I wonder if his life would have been spared? Probably not. We know our enemy wants us to renounce our relationship with God but life would be no better if we did and our eternity would be miserable.

Yet, in the midst of trial, here is David worshipping his God and telling the world how good He is. Yet will I praise You! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment