Tuesday 12 December 2017

DO I Call Him a Liar?


If we say, “We don’t have any sin,” we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.
1 John 1:10 HCSB

As I said this morning: without divine revelation we can think we are sinless, especially if we live in a world of do-goodism. I have been here. I have assumed that feeling good about 'doing good works' was a sign of perfection or sinlessness. No! Good Works must come out of my relationship with Christ not instead of.

What is important is what He wants done, not what my emotions feel like doing. My emotions cannot be my God centre, that is His place.

Our conscious awareness of God is supposed to show us our sin. However, if we have seared this centre of influence by trading its true centre for feeling good, then we will struggle to be aware of sin.

If we say:"I feel good, therefore I am good!" We call God a Liar. Scripture tells us in Romans 3:23: all have sinned and fallen short of God's glory.' I think ALL means ALL.

No comments:

Post a Comment