Saturday 16 December 2017

Every Generous Act


Don’t be deceived, my dearly loved brothers. Every generous act and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights; with Him there is no variation or shadow cast by turning. By His own choice, He gave us a new birth by the message of truth so that we would be the firstfruits of His creatures.
James 1:16‭-‬18 HCSB

We can be so in love with our own actions that when inspired by God to be generous we can claim the glory and sit back with a satisfied, smug look on our faces. Yet James, the brother of Jesus, tells us the truth: it wasn't you, God inspired you to be generous for your flesh is not that generous.

I know when asked by man, I can easily decline, but what does God say?

When I sow where He does, He sees me as His daughter doing His work. When I merely wait to feel emotional I will find Him absent. Not a good place! He is about His kingdom, not mine. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment