Sunday 3 December 2017

Prophesy and Time


“See, I am going to send My messenger, and he will clear the way before Me. Then the Lord you seek will suddenly come to His temple, the Messenger of the covenant you desire — see, He is coming,” says the Lord of Hosts.
Malachi 3:1 HCSB

I love prophesy and yet it frustrates. It frustrates but also provides the glue during difficult times. In 1995 I had a prophetic dream and it has carried me through many difficult years. In 2004 I was prophesied over and that prophesy sustains me. For the hope set before me I endure.

Why does prophesy frustrate, it does so because by its very presence you know there is a 'wait' factor contained in it. Us humans like to know 'how long?' However prophesy does not say. Thus the frustration.

Malachi was written hundreds of years before the promised messenger and Messiah would come. Yet when Jesus did come, He came quickly and to them He was sent, they did not recognise Him.

Last night I went to a Christmas party. Christmas parties are really about us, our achievements for the year and spending time with friends and family. We have pushed Christ out.

Yet, the Lord waits for hearts to turn to Him. Will we be a catalyst? Will we be a part of the answer? Let's not be overcome by our world's rejection of Christ. Let us be there for the one. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment