Saturday 2 December 2017

Salvation Through Grace


For you are saved by grace through faith, and this is not from yourselves; it is God’s gift — not from works, so that no one can boast.
Ephesians 2:8‭-‬9 HCSB

There is an euphoria that comes with good works, a 'look want I have done!' It is like a drug. The sense of wellbeing is what many settle with, thinking it is more than enough. I know! I have done it even as a Christian. However, no amount of works done out of self, even of it is 'good works' are the way to heaven.

Many 'do gooders' will find themselves on the wide road that leads to destruction, along with the murderers and those who tear down the sanctity of the church.

Jesus said: 'many will say to me, on that final day: " but we cast out devils in your name!" And He will say: " begone from Me, you who practice lawlessness."'

If I am a law unto myself, if I choose to live for the drug euphoria instead of faithful obedience, then I will hear those words: "Begone from Me!"

No comments:

Post a Comment