Monday 8 January 2018

What does Grace Look Like?


For Christ’s love compels us, since we have reached this conclusion: If One died for all, then all died. And He died for all so that those who live should no longer live for themselves, but for the One who died for them and was raised.
2 Corinthians 5:14‭-‬15 HCSB

Christ's love draws us and Christ's love then compels us to give His love to others. His love does not come with handles. In other words:'I will love you if you do ......'.p I have lovely Indian neighbours, most are hopeless gardeners. Over time as they adapt to our country their yards and lawn improves. Many come from Balgladesh and are Muslims. One young couple came to my street Christmas party. This couple have a very large, noisy dog and have a very unkempt front lawn. However these people are good at watering their grass, they just don't cut it.

I am a keen gardener and my grass and plants always look fine even in extremes of weather. I would love a tidy neighbourhood but have to opt for love and grace instead. I can assure you the Indians appreciate grace and any assistance I can give them. They come from a country where no-one has grass and they are untrained in its care. The weeds that invade their lawn completely surprises them and they are in a battle first to understand why and second how to manage.

Love looks like grace, like kindness, like generosity. It actually looks like the fruit of the Spirit. I pray the grace they experience leads them to Christ and into eternal life. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment