Wednesday 14 February 2018

Love Never Fails

Now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.
1 Corinthians 13:13 HCSB

Faith is what we do to appropriate all God has for us; hope holds all we look forward to and love is the method in which we apply all.

If I have faith to move mountains but do not have love in the process, I am a noisy gong or a sounding cymbal, in others words, I am just noise; if I have a heart full of hope for the future but bear malice in my heart towards individuals, then I fool myself. Love is the application, the magic ingredient that makes the others really work.

Love believes all things, hopes all things, love endures long, love overcomes hurdles, love never fails. The love I speak about here is God's agape love. To know what that looks like we look at Jesus in the gospels. He is love!

If our love fails, it is not agape. In Christian life we need this kind of love to hold us together. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment