Tuesday 27 February 2018

Loving in Deed and in Truth


This is how we have come to know love: He laid down His life for us. We should also lay down our lives for our brothers. If anyone has this world’s goods and sees his brother in need but closes his eyes to his need — how can God’s love reside in him? Little children, we must not love with word or speech, but with truth and action.
1 John 3:16‭-‬18 HCSB

How can we walk by our brothers and sisters and not care about their plight? Easy! Be consumed with our own worlds. I am convicted about someone I know who is struggling. Most of this man's struggle is due to him going through divorce. Like me he has lost everyone and everything He previously held dear. I think his struggle is trying to hang on to a part of what was. This is particularly hard when the biggest struggle is relationship with children.

This man had told me his lack and I have, to date, done nothing, well not quite true. I have not given him a meal, which I can do. However, I have given him compassion and an ear.Today I must do something more. I am through a most trying time and am still alive and have those who love me. I think the important thing when going through the fire is being willing to give up that which we previously held dear. House and car can be replaced. Family can be redeemed. We have to trust the Lord with the redemption part and discover where to from here. Our God has to be in charge as He leads the best.
Amen!

Our God is good and wants His family to care as He does. We mist remember that His goal is to bring us through the valley to a new place. We cannot hinder this process by meddling in what God wants others to leave. We must facilitate the moving on. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment