Tuesday 20 February 2018

Seeking Wisdom?


For the Lord gives wisdom; from His mouth come knowledge and understanding. He stores up success for the upright; He is a shield for those who live with integrity so that He may guard the paths of justice and protect the way of His loyal followers.
Proverbs 2:6‭-‬8 HCSB

I am grateful that the Lord gives wisdom. James tells us that if we lack wisdom we only have to ask:

Now if any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives to all generously and without criticizing, and it will be given to him. But let him ask in faith without doubting. For the doubter is like the surging sea, driven and tossed by the wind.
James 1:5‭-‬6

I can ask for wisdom and receive by faith. If I want to understand God's wisdom I only need to read the bible and if I wonder where to read I can read Proverbs for wisdom but if I want to see it in action I can read the gospels and watch Jesus apply wisdom.

There is no need to sit in foolishness when I have God's promises to give me wisdom. He is faithful and just and I can trust Him.

I once was foolish and followed my emotions but now I follow the Lord. His ways are better than mine. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment