Tuesday 20 February 2018

What Does God Want?


So follow the way of good people, and keep to the paths of the righteous. For the upright will inhabit the land, and those of integrity will remain in it; but the wicked will be cut off from the land, and the treacherous uprooted from it.
Proverbs 2:20-22

Bad company corrupts good morals. I can attest to this. Both my children were enticed into wrong paths as teenager by bad friends. If I hang out with friends with loose morals I find it easy to compromise. Yet, if I hang out with good people, they encourage me to do good.

I read a letter written by a teacher in the US after the latest shootings in Florida. She told parents straight that they were responsible for leading and guiding their kids and not leaving it to teachers. I would have gone further. I see the youth now demanding gun control. I think both are necessary, but hey I am an Aussie and we have gun control and I feel safe.

What does the Lord want:

Mankind, He has told you what is good and what it is the Lord requires of you: to act justly, to love faithfulness, and to walk humbly with your God.
Micah 6:8 HCSB

No comments:

Post a Comment