Sunday 25 March 2018

She Who is Forgiven Much Loves Much


Six days before the Passover, Jesus came to Bethany where Lazarus was, the one Jesus had raised from the dead. So they gave a dinner for Him there; Martha was serving them, and Lazarus was one of those reclining at the table with Him. Then Mary took a pound of fragrant oil — pure and expensive nard — anointed Jesus’ feet, and wiped His feet with her hair. So the house was filled with the fragrance of the oil.
John 12:1‭-‬3 HCSB

Today whilst worshipping in church I had a revelation of what prompted Mary to do what she did, love. When you love someone like Mary did and love them enough to accept what they said about themselves and what was about to happen to them, and that someone happened to be your saviour, you would do the same.

Peter loved Jesus, selfishly, and attempted to prevent the cross. Mary loved Jesus selflessly and accepted the cross. Her love for Jesus, her saviour and Lord, opened the doors of her heart and out flowed streams of love and adoration. Mary was happy to sit at Jesus feet. Martha, her sister, was not happy to just sit. Perhaps Martha did not have the revelation of the forgiveness Jesus gave.

Today I felt her love because I love Him also. I am grateful for forgiveness also. As I knew my sin, forgiveness is so sweet to me.

Tonight we had a time after the evening service of waiting on God and I saw myself in field of flowers. My Lord was there laughing with me. All weekend I had long for a meeting. It was a very quiet weekend but worth the wait.

This afternoon I decided to visit a friend who did not make it to church today, due to illness. I took him for an icecream and then grocery shopping, he needed food. I took my dog along as he loves my dog. I left my dog with my friend whilst I went to church and when I returned dinner was prepared for me. How thoughtful!

I think Jesus was like this. He was the nicest, kindest man who knew how to love and set captives free. This is what I want to do. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment