Monday 26 March 2018

Who's Way?


But Jesus called them over and said, “You know that the rulers of the Gentiles dominate them, and the men of high position exercise power over them. It must not be like that among you. On the contrary, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant, and whoever wants to be first among you must be your slave;
Matthew 20:25‭-‬27 HCSB

Nothing has changed. We see men and women striving for power so that they may Lord over others. Yet we belong to the kingdom of God and are called to serve.

Do we know how to serve? Jesus shows us what that service looks like. If we need lessons let's look at Him. His service was to save us from the penalty of sin. The wages of sin is death, spiritual death, eternal death.

The service Jesus gave was to allow evil men to abuse and torture Him. Yet His purpose was to make a way for me. The service He asks of me is to lay down my selfish desires and fine tune my ears to the lost. What is He doing today with the lost?

I am learning to be less judgemental and not expecting others to do things the way I think they should be done. After all there is more than one way to skin a cat (a saying). Here is a God whose love reaches higher and wider than I can imagine. I must give others room to find Him. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment