Tuesday 3 April 2018

Contact and Relationship


These words that I am giving you today are to be in your heart.
Deuteronomy 6:6 HCSB

How do we get things in our hearts? Spending time, giving attention to; becoming fond of.
Today I said goodbye to my grandchildren as I had to travel home. The one who I have spent more time with, the eldest Myer, was the hardest to say "Goodbye" to. We are fond of each other as we have spent quality time together in Tasmania.

The book of Deuteronomy tells us how to get things in our heart:
Repeat them to your children. Talk about them when you sit in your house and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Bind them as a sign on your hand and let them be a symbol on your forehead.
Deuteronomy 6:7‭-‬8 HCSB

Observance, relationship and repetition.

Myer and I have a game set up that will keep us in contact. It has a chat box behind the game. Staying in relationship takes time and effort.

This is the same with our God and His words. Contact and time. Make it so!

No comments:

Post a Comment