Monday 23 April 2018

Glory


For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. They are justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus.
Romans 3:23‭-‬24 HCSB

Verse 23 settles the question: am I a sinner? The answer is Yes but as I place my faith in Christ I am declared right with God.

Jesus was born without sin, just as Adam had been. Yet unlike Adam He did not sin, even though he was tempted in every way. Adam took on sin as a mantle for all mankind and Jesus bought our forgiveness for all mankind. We don't enter into it just by being born into the world but by being born again through a spiritual rebirth. As I intentionally ask for this rebirth I receive it and in so doing live as Christ lived, not as Adam lived.

God's glory is found in Christ. As we walk in faith in the freedom Christ won we see His glory. Glory is not easily won or given. Glory costs something. It cost Jesus His life and it raised Him from the dead. It costs me my life, my old carnal way of living and it raised me up to live for Him.

God's glory is worth seeking, it is where the miracles are found, it is the divine place of power and authority. It is worth the sacrifice. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment