Saturday 14 April 2018

Looking in a Mirror


Because if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man looking at his own face in a mirror. For he looks at himself, goes away, and immediately forgets what kind of man he was. But the one who looks intently into the perfect law of freedom and perseveres in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but one who does good works — this person will be blessed in what he does.
James 1:23‭-‬25 HCSB

How much time do you spend in front of a mirror? Do you remember what you saw when you walk away? Sometimes I do. I read the word of God every day, mostly twice a day. Do I remember what I read? Do I take time to allow it to get down deep in my soul? James tells me that if I don't it is like looking in a mirror and forgetting what I saw. How silly is that!

Yet if I look into what I read, study it and meditate on it and persevere in it, then I am lining myself up to be blessed.

Being blessed is worth pursuing but it comes from diligently studying God's word. It is so full of good stuff! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment