Saturday 14 April 2018

Quick to Hear, Slow to act


My dearly loved brothers, understand this: Everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak, and slow to anger, for man’s anger does not accomplish God’s righteousness. Therefore, ridding yourselves of all moral filth and evil, humbly receive the implanted word, which is able to save you.
James 1:19‭-‬21 HCSB

Does this sound like self-control? Yes, it does! I must be quick to hear what is actually being said and also quick to hear what God is saying about what is being said. It is His opinion that is required after all. If I only hear naturally I will judge with my emotions which may cause me to act to indulge another. What is God saying to them? I had this come home to me when I ministered to Nepali pastors in their own land. They were hurting hoping I was a miracle provider for them. However God opened my eyes to what He had given them and wanted to use. I knew I must submit to my God and not interfere with what He was doing.

I knew I had to risk being judged as cold and heartless but I fear God more than I fear man. Wanting to appear good and generous makes us do what is wrong for hurting people, sometimes. We must seek God and do what He is doing. This does not make us heartless but loving in the way He wants. I must give where God is showing the need.

Last night I awoke at midnight and found messages from Nepali friends. One wanted to chat. He was going to minister in one of the areas I had been. He said they missed me. I miss them but more importantly I am praying for them. I know my prayers for them are the best things I can give as they carry more power and enable God to do His will. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment