Thursday 5 April 2018

Sacrificial Good


Don’t neglect to do what is good and to share, for God is pleased with such sacrifices.
Hebrews 13:16 HCSB

When can doing good be a sacrifice? When someone wrongs you, when retaliation is your first desire. This is when doing good is a sacrifice.

Pleasing God is more important than self-satisfaction. Self always demands justice, ever if it is one-sided. Children cry:"that's not fair!" But if we remember correctly, Jesus told a parable about unfair wages:

“He replied to one of them, ‘Friend, I’m doing you no wrong. Didn’t you agree with me on a denarius? Take what’s yours and go. I want to give this last man the same as I gave you. Don’t I have the right to do what I want with my business? Are you jealous because I’m generous? ’ “So the last will be first, and the first last.”
Matthew 20:13‭-‬16 HCSB

When I googled this passage my screen was filled with unjust wages, rights and wage tribunal links. You see how we demand justice and yet are not just to forgive our brother or sister.

If Jesus demanded justice rather than the cross we would have seen all heaven come down and the ones who abused Jesus thrown into hell yet we would still be in our sins. Fortunately He saw beyond the cross. I am grateful! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment