Sunday 6 May 2018

Brokenhearted People


The Lord is near the brokenhearted; He saves those crushed in spirit. Many adversities come to the one who is righteous, but the Lord delivers him from them all.
Psalms 34:18‭-‬19 HCSB

Do you have a broken heart? God is there for you. The pain of brokenness blurrs the eyes and dulls the senses, but He is there. We don't like to suffer such pain but even He went through the pain of the scouring and the cross. He prayed that He might be spared but was not. His pain was our release. Our pain has a purpose.

I know you could accuse me of glibness and I would agree, except I have had 15 years of pain. Rather than resent it I have asked God for glory in it. My pain has made me a nicer person, a more useful to the Kingdom of God person.

I now am not beaten up by the adversities that come. Rather I trust my God to take me through, and He does. He is faithful and true. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment