Saturday 5 May 2018

Trained by Discipline


No discipline seems enjoyable at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it yields the fruit of peace and righteousness to those who have been trained by it.
Hebrews 12:11 HCSB

I want to address this scripture again in light of being 'trained by discipline.' As long as there is submission to discipline we will be trained by it. If we don't submit and instead rebel, we will miss the opportunity to find peace.

Peace is not found in rebellion. Peace is found in submission to Godly discipline.

This morning I spoke about my grandson being disciplined in not interrupting in adult conversation. I know my grandson is being moulded I to a young man I am proud of. Therefore I approve of his discipline. I remember when he was 3 and told to go and sit facing the wall with his hands together, he had misbehaved. My heart bled for him. However, I knew I could not interfere. I am glad I didn't. I like the 12 year old I know now. He has learned to control his emotions.

Our God wants to mould our characters. He sees what He wants for us. We need to trust Him. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment