Tuesday 4 December 2018

Keep it Sweet

If I have the gift of prophecy and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith so that I can move mountains but do not have love, I am nothing.
1 Corinthians 13:2 HCSB

There are times when God will use me to prophesy and I love being His voice, but if I then turn around and roast a fellow believer for a perceived failing, then I am a noisy gong and a clanging cymbal.

In the last few days in Nepal I was unwell and my travelling companion did his best to provide for me but then took off for two days leaving me alone. My flesh was resentful but my spirit knew different. My friend had other responsibilities and interests and although I was in need God provided through others.

The day we left Nepal I had to deal with my attitude of 'why did you leave me alone?' Flesh wants spoiling and it is not always right, in fact it is downright selfish. I am glad I sat on my attitude because it would have spoiled what was a good trip.

God does provide, His way and we need to trust Him for that provision. Amen and keep it sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment