Sunday 6 January 2019

Living amd Active

By your words I can see where I’m going; they throw a beam of light on my dark path. Psalm 119:105 MSG

Ever put the wrong size battery in your torch? Nothing happens does it? I have a guitar tuner. It take those small flat round disks batteries but even they have a size. For any battery powered object they need the right size battery. They also, definitely, will not operate without a battery.

Same goes for us. A good book is not the same as the word of God, unless it is the word of God. A book about God is not the word of God. For the longest time I have enjoyed Zig Zigler sayings. I still do and in fact I post them on Facebook. However, we need the word of God to challenge us and kick start our batteries.

Hebrews tells us that the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword cutting through bone and marrow. That is powerful! Only the word of God can do that. Amen! We need that kind of power in our lives.


No comments:

Post a Comment