Thursday 31 January 2019

Remain


Remain in Me, and I in you. Just as a branch is unable to produce fruit by itself unless it remains on the vine, so neither can you unless you remain in Me.
John 15:4 HCSB

Struggling? Wondering where the fruit is? Remain in Him! I love to think of this as being pickled. I make pickles and a part of the process is having all the veg and onions soak overnight in salt water, the next day the vinegar and spices are added. This preserves the vegetable and gives them an awesome flavour that goes on and on.

When I was little my dad loved pickled onions and gherkins in vinegar. When he finished the veg from the jar he would drink the vinegar solution. I was so fascinated I tried it. Not bad! This has coloured my favour towards savoury over sweet and love for pickles.

Anyone who comes to my house will be offered my pickles with their meal, most enjoy them. This is the same with our lives. If we remain in Him and are pickled by His presence, others benefit.

Stay pickled!

No comments:

Post a Comment