Monday 7 January 2019

The Best Meal


“You’re blessed when you’ve worked up a good appetite for God. He’s food and drink in the best meal you’ll ever eat.
Matthew 5:6 MSG

One of the best meals I have these days is crumbled cutlets, vegetables and gravy. Why? I know it is a favourite with my mum. Tonight I invited over an elderly man who is a good friend to both my mother and myself. As this man is of a similar vintage to my mum I knew he would enjoy the meal, and he did.

Mum amd I have a good relationship. We both enjoy blessing one another and others and in turn we are blessed. Our visitor brought along gifts. He knew I needed some tools amd so he brought me a tool kit. How thoughtful!

Our God loves to give. He gave us a way to be free from guilt, shame and a need to prove ourselves. By faith in His Son Jesus we are redeemed. He is constantly wanting to spend time with us and like a loving father He gives us the best gifts as we live in Him.

How good is that? Settle into hungering for God and giving Him time. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment