Monday 21 January 2019

The Spoken Word of God


“I am the Real Vine and my Father is the Farmer. He cuts off every branch of me that doesn’t bear grapes. And every branch that is grape-bearing he prunes back so it will bear even more. You are already pruned back by the message I have spoken.
John 15:1‭-‬3 MSG

How are we pruned? According to what Jesus said above, by the spoken word. So, let's examine this some more. Hebrews tells us that the word of God is sharper than any two edged sword, piercing bone and marrow, discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart. Sounds like a cleaver to me.

So, if you are sitting expecting the axe to fall, perhaps you have the wrong view. Why not make sure you have a steady diet of the preached word of God and allow it to do its stuff?

As Christians we can have such guilt complexes and sometimes we need rather to spend time looking at and listening to our Lord! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment